Article 1 (Purpose)
1. These Terms and Conditions set forth the Members' and their use of "V-Preca", issued by Life Card Co., Ltd. (hereinafter "Company").
2. The Member shall acknowledge that these Terms and Conditions apply, and shall agree to "Information", "Notes on Use", other cautionary notes and/or related provisions.
Article 2 (V-Preca)
1. V-Preca refers to an internet only Visa prepaid card issued by the Company.
2. V-Preca can be used in non-face-to-face transactions at Visa affiliated stores using information supplied by the Company such as the card number, expiry date and security code.
3. V-Preca is a disposable product, becoming invalid when its balance becomes zero.
4. To use V-Preca it is necessary to access V-Preca's Dedicated Site and perform authentication by phone or SMS.
5. To use V-Preca it is necessary to access V-Preca's Dedicated Site and register as a client (sign up for an account) first.
6. Registering a V-Preca Gift on a V-Preca account, it will be considered a V-Preca and these Terms and Conditions will apply.
Article 3 (Definitions of terms)
1. The definitions of the terms used in these Terms and Conditions are as specified in the following items.
(1) "Members" refers to those who provided the information determined by the Company, obtaining an ID and are able to access the Member-only Page.
(2) "Personal Account" refers to accounts opened for individual use, regardless if it was opened by an organization or group.
(3) "Corporate Account" refers to accounts opened for corporate use and can be opened by owners of corporate or individual businesses, organizations, etc.
(4) "V-Preca Dedicated Site" refers to the web page dedicated to V-Preca, with the following URL http://vpc.lifecard.co.jp.
(5) "Member-only Page" refers to a page available through V-Preca Dedicated Site, which contains unique information for each Member and can be accessed by entering the Login ID and password. Within V-Preca Dedicated Site it is called My Page.
(6) "Users" refers to those who have and use V-Preca.
(7) "This Service" refers to the service provided by the Company to its Members.
(8) "Card Number" refers to the individual number given to each V-Preca. It is composed by 16 characters and is needed to use it.
(9) "Available Balance" refers to the balance available that may be used with the V-Preca at the time.
(10) "Statement of Use" refers to information such as date of use, place of purchase, used value, etc. of the V-Preca that can be seen in the Member-only Page.
(11) "Security lock" refers to the function where the Member may temporarily suspend the use of the V-Preca with Available Balance through the Member-only Page.
Article 4 (Who can use V-Preca)
1. Those who have registered and have become a Member can use V-Preca.
2. Those who fall into any of the items below may not use V-Preca.
(1) Individuals under 18 years of age.
(2) Those that fall as Anti-Social Forces members. (People determined in Paragraph 1 [Eliminating Anti-Social Forces])
(3) Those who have registered with false information.
(4) Those who use V-Preca not bought by themselves, even in cases of point exchange (except when registering a V-Preca Gift).
(5) Those who use V-Preca through a Corporate Account for payments not related to the company.
(6) Those who have registered a data only telephone number and telephone communication is not possible
3. The Company may suspend the use of V-Preca for those who fit any of the items above and shall not be liable for any damages incurred.
Article 5 (V-Preca Issue)
1. V-Preca will be issued as soon as the payment is completed (in the case of exchange of points, as soon as the exchange is completed). For V-Preca purchased through convenience store terminal, the issue will be after the registration of the “issue code” that appears on the payment’s receipt.
Article 6 (V-Preca Use)
1. The Member will access the Member-only Page and insert the Login ID, password and other information requested to verify the card information: Card Number, Expiry Date, Security Code, etc. Then, access Visa affiliated store's website and insert the required information to make the payment with V-Preca.
2. If the Member does not use V-Preca for three consecutive months since its last use, the Company will deduct monthly a maintenance fee for dormant cards of 125 yen (tax included) on the 25th of the following month. If the balance of the referred V-Preca is less than 125 yen, the remaining balance will be deducted and no further deductions will be made.
Article 7 (Suspension Measures)
1. The Company may suspend the use of V-Preca without any prior notice to the Member, if it considers that the Member falls under any of the following. The Member will no longer be able to access the Member-only Page and V-Preca's Expiry Date will not be extended because of the suspension of use.
(1) If the death of the Member is confirmed or the Member is considered missing (cannot be contacted).
(2) If the Member breaches any part of these Terms and Conditions.
(3) If the Member refuses to pay the debt or fulfill the obligations deemed necessary for using this Service.
(4) If the Member perform fraud or use any illegal mean to get V-Preca or if there is such possibility.
(5) Other situations in which the Company considers the Member inappropriate.
2. If the Company considers that the situations described in the preceding paragraph items No. 3 and No. 4 have been resolved, V-Preca's suspension of use may be cancelled. To cancel the suspension of use, the Company may request the submission of an identification document, such as driver's license, etc. The Member shall agree in advance on sending the document if requested.
3. Even if the use of the V-Preca has been suspended based on the Paragraph 1, the Company will not reimburse the Available Balance of the V-Preca to the Member. Even after V-Preca's suspension of use, the owner of the referred V-Preca must fulfill the obligations of these Terms and Conditions.
Article 8 (Changing Members' Registered Information)
1. Members may change the password used as verification when logging into this Service in accordance with the methods stipulated by the Company.
2. Members may change their personal information registered to use this Service, such as email address and phone number at their discretion. However, for Corporate Accounts the registered information may not be changed, except when authorized by the Company.
Article 9 (Cancellation)
1. Members may cancel V-Preca's Member registration following the procedures determined by the Company.
2. After the cancellation of the registration, the Member will not be able to access the Member-only page, may not purchase V-Preca, and view the Available Balance / Statement of Use.
Article 10 (Expiry)
1. V-Preca can be used in Visa affiliated stores where non-face-to-face purchase is possible, only with V-Preca's information such as Card Number, Expiry Date, Security Number, etc.
2. Before using at Visa affiliated stores, the Member agrees that the charging right of the value used will be transferred from the affiliated store to the accredited company, and then from the accredited company to the Company through Visa.
3. V-Preca may not be used at the Visa stores listed in each of the items below:
(1) Face-to-face transactions stores.
(2) Stores that read the card's chip or magnetic tape.
(3) Stores where prior registration of the card is necessary for recurring charges.
(4) Stores where the physical presentation of the card will be required (air tickets, transport tickets (ship), admission tickets, hotel booking, etc.)
(5) Stores listed on V-Preca's Dedicated Site.
(6) Stores deemed unsuitable by the Company.
4. The Company will not be responsible for problems caused by the use of V-Preca disregarding the provisions of the preceding paragraph.
5. Even if V-Preca cannot be used due to the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the Company will not reimburse the V-Preca or refund the Available Balance.
Article 11 (Adding to and subtracting from the Available Balance as it is used)
1. Adding to and subtracting from the Available Balance when V-Preca is used or when there is a refund, will be made based on the information obtained from Visa affiliated stores.
2. V-Preca's Users agree in advance that the Company does not guarantee the accuracy of the information obtained from Visa affiliated stores about the value to be added or subtracted, and cannot take any responsibility for it.
3. V-Preca's Users understand in advance that the information about the use of V-Preca reflects what has been provided by VISA affiliated stores.
Article 12 (Disputes with affiliated stores and Refund)
1. The Company shall not take any responsibility for problems related to transactions between V-Preca's User and Visa affiliated stores, such as failure, defect of the purchased product, etc.
2. When there is a refund for the use of V-Preca by the Visa affiliated store, the refund amount will be credited to V-Preca's Available Balance following the procedures determined by the Company. If the referred V-Preca has already expired, the refund will be made as determined by the Company.
3. If at the time of the refund V-Preca's Available Balance is to exceed 100,000 yen, the Company will refund as the referred V-Preca is used and the balance decreases, always observing not to exceed 100,000 yen.
Article 13 (Payment rate for values used abroad and overseas transaction management fee)
1. For payments in foreign currency using V-Preca, the value in foreign currency will be converted to yen using the conversion rate determined by Visa at the time of the conversion, plus the overseas transaction management fee (2.94%) determined by the Company.
2. The Member agrees in advance that the overseas transaction management fee mentioned in the preceding paragraph may be changed.
Article 14 (Payment of exceeding value)
1. The Members must use V-Preca within the limit of their Available Balance.
2. When there is a discrepancy between the product's value informed at the time V-Preca was used and the value reported later by the Visa affiliated store, the value informed by the Visa affiliated store will be considered correct, being added to or subtracted from the Available Balance.
3. Because of the infrastructure of the system at Visa affiliated stores, V-Preca can be used exceeding the Available Balance. The Member agrees in advance that the Company can charge for the amount that exceeds the Available Balance.
Article 15 (Expiration)
1. V-Preca's expiry date will be the last day of the month, one year after the date of issue. When V-Preca Gift is registered in a V-Preca account, its validity will be like V-Preca's.
2. V-Preca's expiry date can be checked by accessing the card verification page through the Member-only Page.
3. V-Preca becomes invalid after its expiry date.
4. The Company will not refund the Available Balance of a V-Preca when it is cancelled because it has expired.
5. The Company shall not be liable for any inconvenience or damage suffered due to the cancellation of V-Preca.
Article 16 (Information Inquiries)
1. The information related to V-Preca can be found in its entirety in the Member-only Page.
2. Accessing the Member-only Page, "Expiry Date", "Security Code", "Available Balance" and "Statement of Use" can be checked.
3. The "Statement of Use" will only be available for a certain period after the Available Balance becomes zero or when expired.
Article 17 (Information Management)
1. The Member must manage with the duty and care of a good manager, the login ID, login password, card number, security code, expiry date, etc.
2. The Member will not transfer, sell, provide as collateral, or allow others to use any information considered by its nature confidential information provided by the Company for using this Service, including issued or authenticated login IDs or passwords set by the Member.
3. The Member will immediately send a notification as prescribed by the Company if there are changes in the content registered in the Member-only Page.
4. The Member will immediately send a notification as prescribed by the Company if the ID, etc., is used by third parties or there is a possibility that has been used by third parties.
Article 18 (Insurance in case of theft / loss / unauthorized use by third parties)
1. The loss or damage of the issue code purchased or obtained is the sole responsibility of the Member. The Company will not reissue the code, nor compensate for unused balance.
2. If despite the security lock is applied, a V-Preca is used illegally by a third party without severe negligence by the Member, the Company shall compensate for the damage.
3. The insured period is while V-Preca is valid.
4. Once a Member becomes aware of the loss / theft or misuse by third parties of the V-Preca, the Member shall immediately notify the Company about this fact and send the form determined by the Company.
5. If a Member wishes to claim compensation from the Company, the Member must agree to submit the documents requested by the Company (driver's license or other identification documents), and to cooperate in the investigation about the circumstances of the damage.
6. When the Company has completed the investigation about the circumstances of the damage, the compensation shall be paid without delay.
7. Cases that fall into any of the items below will be considered out of insurance coverage, and the Member shall cover the damage.
(1) If the damage was caused intentionally or by severe negligence of the Member.
(2) If used by the Member's family, housemates, persons taking care of the house or someone connected to the Member.
(3) If the damage is a result from a V-Preca lent or offered as collateral to a third party.
(4) If the Member refuses to submit the documentation requested by the Company, does not cooperate with the investigation about the circumstances of the damage.
(5) If the Account's registered information does not correspond to the information of the Member who is requesting compensation.
(6) If the damage occurred in a store that has the Visa verification service (3D Secure).<br>
Except when there is a leak of the login ID and password, without malice or negligence by the Member.
(7) If the damage occurred by a breach of the Membership Terms and Conditions.
(8) If the damage occurred during wars, earthquakes or other times of drastic public disorder.
(9) If the Member does not follow the Company's instructions.
Article 19 (Prohibited Matters)
1. The Member shall not perform the following acts, regardless of the reasons.
(1) Use this Service according to methods other than those stipulated by the Company.
(2) Violate or threaten to violate patent rights, trademark rights, copyrights and other property or personal rights of the Company or third parties.
(3) Use for purposes that violate laws, regulations or public order and morality.
(4) Use the V-Preca for commercial purposes without the Company's consent.
(5) Use the information obtained through the use of this Service for business and / or commercial purposes.
(6) Harm the interests of the Company, other Users of the Service provided by the Company and others.
(7) Damage, examine or copy the systems related to V-Preca's electronic information.
(8) Reproduce, modify, edit, delete, or change entirely or partially the contents of V-Preca Dedicated Site.
(9) Reproduce and distribute entirely or partially the content of V-Preca Dedicated Site so it can be viewed by persons other than the User.
(10) Publish and distribute entirely or partially User's own page or a third parties' page, from V-Preca Dedicated Site.
(11) Misuse third parties' V-Preca; wheedle / seduce / attract third parties to receive V-Preca; receive V-Preca as payment for goods and services.
(12) Allow third parties to use V-Preca; loan, transfer, resell, pawn, etc. V-Preca to third parties.
(13) Cause injury or damage the honor, character, credibility of the Company or people related to V-Preca.
(14) Interfere in the administration of the Service, slander, damage the credibility, etc.
(15) Carry out criminal actions, induce criminal acts, possibility of committing criminal actions.
(16) Harm, defame and slander other Users or third parties.
(17) Harm the Company or the possibility of harming.
(18) Other actions that are deemed inappropriate by the Company.
2. If the User violates any of the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the Company may unilaterally terminate the provision of the Service to the referred User, without notice, and the Company may require the payment of a compensation to the referred User for all damages, losses and costs incurred to the Company. No payments or any compensation will be made for damages, losses and costs incurred to the User.
Article 20 (Suspension of Service)
1. The Company may suspend entirely or partially the provision of the Service in any of the following situations, after notifying the User or announcing on V-Preca Dedicated Site. In addition, in case of an unavoidable emergency, the Company may suspend the provision of the Service without any notice.
(1) When it is necessary or the Company deems necessary to carry out maintenance and system improvements.
(2) When it is difficult to provide this program due to computer viruses, unauthorized access, network failures.
(3) When it is difficult to provide this Service due to fire, power outage, etc.
(4) When it is difficult to provide this Service due to a force majeure such as earthquakes, floods, wars, riots, labor disputes, etc.
(5) Other inevitable situations in which the Company may deem difficult to deliver this program.
2. Even if the suspension of this Service based on the previous paragraph incurs any damage to the User, the Company shall not be liable.
Article 21 (Handling of Personal Information)
1. The information registered by Users and the data used for this Service, etc., will be strictly controlled by the Company as personal information, and will not be provided to third parties except in any of the following situations:
(1) When the obtaining method, the purpose of providing, the personal information to be provided, etc., are notified in advance to the Users and their consent is obtained.
(2) When it is based on legislation and regulations.
(3) When it is necessary in order to protect the life, physical integrity or a persons' assets, and obtaining the consent of the User is difficult.
(4) When there is a particular necessity in order to improve public health or promote the healthy development of children, and obtaining the consent of the User is difficult.
(5) When it is necessary to comply with state organizations, regional public bodies or persons who have received consignation and who are engaging in matters prescribed by law and regulations, and obtaining the consent of the User will constitute an obstacle to the execution of the referred matters.
2. The Company shall be entitled to use the personal information of the preceding paragraph for the usage purposes registered below, and to provide information that is deemed to be beneficial for the customer. In addition, the Company shall be entitled to process it for use in statistical materials.
(1) For the purpose of management and usage analysis / compilation of the Users.
(2) For sending promotional materials with information about businesses and services.
(3) For the purpose of confirming/referencing about applications/queries and/or contacting/responding to various transactions
(4) For the purpose of market research, product development etc.
3. This Company can outsource the storage of Users' personal information to another company, but in this case a non-disclosure agreement will be signed and an appropriate management will be implemented so as not to leak the Users' personal information.
4. Users are entitled to request disclosure of their personal information held by the Company. If errors are discovered in the disclosed information, the Users are entitled to request correction or deletion.
5. Furthermore even when the Users' personal information are being used or supplied under the terms above in 1 and 2, in the event of a cancellation request, the Company will have to suspend the use and provision of this information from that point. In this case, contact:
〒225-0014 Edanishi 1-3-20, Aoba-ku, Yokohama-shi
Life Card V-Preca Dedicated Line
Hours of Operation: 10:00am-5:00pm (Closed Sat., Sun., public holidays, Dec.30 - Jan.3)
6. If the Member cannot be identified at the time of contact, the Company may request the submission of an identification document such as a driver's license, etc.
7. The Company will take the necessary and appropriate measures to prevent and rectify leaks, losses and damages, and safely manage the personal information obtained.
Article 22 (Compensation for Damages)
1. If Users incur any damage to the Company due to any violation of these Terms and Conditions, they shall be obliged to compensate the Company for the damages incurred.
2. If Users incur any damage to third parties (other Users, etc.) when using V-Preca, they must compensate for the damages at their own responsibility and expense, resolving the dispute without causing any inconvenience or damage to the Company.
Article 23 (Notifications)
1. The Company will notify the Members displaying the notification on the Member-only Page, and will consider the notification given at the time of display. Even if for some reason Users fail to check their Member-only Page, the notification shall be deemed valid.
2. Members must agree that the registered mail will be used for sending business notices containing important information about the Company or related companies or for notifying or providing information of each type of services and campaigns. However, by presenting the notification determined by the Company, Members may suspend the provision of information through email, excluding the required warnings like business notices.
3. The Company shall notify the Members who have an email registration by sending the notification to the registered email address, and it shall be deemed given at the time of issue. Even if Members did not make the procedures for registration or renewal of this e-mail address, or in the case the e-mail is not received because of the Members' e-mail system defect, the notification will be considered valid.
4. The Company shall not be liable even in the event of damage to the Members, or to the people they share their e-mail address or to third parties, by sending notifications or information to the registered e-mail.
5. Users, in order to receive adequately their e-mail, should carry out the setting of their provider or e-mail reception device, and by sending the notifications and information to the e-mail address in question, the Company will consider it was delivered to the Users.
Article 24 (Changes of Terms and Conditions)
1. The Company shall change these Terms and Conditions without prior notice to or consent from the Member, and shall consider that the Member was notified of the changes by posting the notification on its Dedicated Site.
2. As stated at the previous paragraph, after the changes to the Terms and Conditions are notified, when Members use this Service, they are deemed to have agreed to the changes.
Article 25 (Outsourcing)
Users agree in advance that when the Company considers necessary, the full or partial administration of this card program can be outsourced to a related company.
Article 26 (Court with Jurisdiction)
With regard to arbitration concerning these Terms and Conditions, the Tokyo District Court shall be the primary jurisdictional court.
Article 27 (Governing Law)
The governing law for these Terms and Conditions shall be the Japanese Law.
Article 28 (Consultation)
1. For information or assistance regarding purchased products, etc., contact the Visa affiliated store where V-Preca was used.
2. For information regarding V-Preca, for assistance, opinions and complaints please contact the center described below.
〒225-0014 Edanishi 1-3-20, Aoba-ku, Yokohama-shi,
Phone V-Preca Dedicated Line 045-279-1515
Hours of Operation: 10:00am-5:00pm (Closed Sat., Sun., public holidays, Dec.30 - Jan.3)
【Elimination of Anti-Social Forces】
1. Members shall give assurance to the Company that none of the following currently apply to them, nor will they apply in the future.
(1) Organized crime group (member of groups which are likely to promote the carrying out of collective or habitual violent unlawful acts (includes members of groups which compose this group).
(2) Members of an organized crime group.
(3) Associate members of an organized crime group (persons other than members of an organized crime group who have a relationship with an organized crime group and are likely to carry out violent unlawful acts backed by an organized crime group, or persons who cooperate with or participate in the preservation or operation of an organized crime group by supplying funds or weapons to organized crime groups or its members).
(4) Companies connected to organized crime groups (companies to which organized crime group members are contributing substantially; companies which are run by associate members or former members of organized crime groups or related companies, that supply funds to organized crime groups, actively cooperating on or contributing to the preservation or operation of such groups; companies which actively use organized crime groups in the execution of business and are cooperating to the preservation or operation of organized crime groups).
(5) Corporate extortionists etc. (corporate extortionists, racketeers targeting corporations and those who are likely to carry out violent unlawful acts demanding illegal profit from companies, posing a threat to a safe civic life).
(6) Politically-branded racketeers (those who are likely to carry out violent or aggressive unlawful acts demanding illegal profit under the guise of social movements or political activities, posing a threat to safe civic life.)
(7) Organized crime groups specialized in intellectual crimes etc. (groups or persons, other than those detailed in the preceding items, which wield the influence of their relationship with an organized crime group, or which have a financial link with organized crime groups, and have a structurally fraudulent core).
(8) Any other persons who fall into any of the above items.
2. Members shall give assurance to the Company that they will not perform actions that fall into any of the following, nor will they use a third party to do so:
(1) Violently impose demands.
(2) Unfair demands exceeding the limits of legality.
(3) Acts of violence or threatening statements concerning transactions with the Company.
(4) Use misleading information, rumors or force to damage the credibility of the Company, or that could harm the Company's activities.
(5) Engaging in other behavior similar to any of the above items.
3. If Members fall under 1, or carry out actions that fall under 2, or it becomes clear that they made a false statement concerning belonging to 1, the Company shall have the right to cancel the Member's usage registration for this Service.
4. The Company shall not refund the balance on the V-Preca even if the Members have their usage registration for this Service canceled under 3.
Amended on July 21, 2015
Amended on April 18, 2016